The AAB is responsible for overseeing the broad Academy objectives for their own locality, working with the Senior Leadership Team to improve the whole life of the academy and its impact on the community. In this respect the AAB’s main functions are to:
- Act as a key link between the Academy, parents and local community and champion the work of the academy.
- Provide constructive challenge and strategic direction to the Executive Principal, Head of Academy and leadership team as they plan the future development of the academy, ensuring that they focus on the Academy Development Plan, its Self Evaluation Process and any post Ofsted action plans.
- Offer the views of different parts of the Academy and local communities to influence decision making.
- Continually review the overall impact of the Academy amongst the people it exists to serve and make plans for improvement.
- Ensure that the Academy plays a full role in cooperating and working together with other academies in the group.
- Be responsible for staff appointments other than the Principal and Vice Principle (where they will be fully consulted) following Delta recruitment processes.
Details for the academic Year 2021-2022
Academy Advisory Board (AAB)
Governance of the Academy
The PBA Academy Advisory Board Structure and Membership
The role of the Academy Advisory Board is to:
- Ensure that the vision, ethos and strategic direction of the Academy are clearly defined
- Monitoring the educational performance of the Academy and its pupils
- Overseeing the financial performance of the Academy
- Appointing staff and ensuring the implementation of personnel procedures
- Determining the aims, policies and priorities of the Academy
- Setting statutory and non-statutory targets
- Securing high levels of attendance and good standards of pupil behaviour
- Ensuring all Academy children have access to a broad and balanced curriculum
- Ensuring the health and safety of pupils and staff