Equality & Diversity
Academy Equality Objectives
Equality and Diversity Statement
Academy Advisory Board (AAB)
Pheasant Bank Academy is committed to achieving a working and learning environment which provides equality of opportunity and freedom from unlawful discrimination. This ambition is firmly embedded with the Equality and Diversity Policy of Delta Trust Academies.
PURPOSES & GUIDELINES
Commitment to Staff
· As an educational institution it is our duty to ensure equality of opportunity between people from different groups and foster good relations between people from different groups. And, we are bound to ensure that recruitment, promotion, training, development, assessment, benefits, pay, terms and conditions of employment, redundancy and disciplinary are determined on the basis of capability, qualifications, experience, skills and productivity.
· Under the Equality Act 2010, the categories of age, disability, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity are now known as ‘protected characteristics’.
· It is unlawful to discriminate against any employee or student, directly or indirectly in because of any of the ‘protected characteristics’.
· Discrimination is unequal or differential treatment which leads to one person being treated more or less favourably than others are, or would be, treated in the same or similar circumstances on the grounds of a protected characteristic.
Pledge to Students
· All students, regardless of any ‘protected characteristics’, will be equally and fairly monitored and supported to ensure that they make progress and fulfil their potential.
· All students, regardless of any ‘protected characteristics’, will be equally valued and have equal and fair access to all of the opportunities that the academy has available.
· All students, regardless of any ‘protected characteristics’, will have equal access to the curriculum, options, specialist support and independent advice to ensure that all decisions made about curriculum choices are in the best interest of every individual student.
· Through assemblies, SMSC, RE, and PSHE, all students will learn about and develop an understanding of different faiths from around the world.
· Through assemblies, SMSC, RE, and PSHE, all students will learn about and develop an understanding of British Values and what it means to be citizen living in modern Britain.
FURTHER DETAILS CONTAINED IN DOCUMENTS
Delta Equality and Diversity Policy
DATE APPROVED: SEPTEMBER 2019
You can read our Equality Objectives and other information on our Statutory Information page here.
- Equality & Diversity(395 KB)