Since 2011, the government has delegated additional funding to schools as a Pupil Premium. This funding is allocated based on the number of children eligible for free school meals, those who are the children of service families and also children who are in care.
This funding can be used in a range of ways to impact on the outcomes of these more vulnerable and disadvantaged children. At Pheasant Bank we use our Pupil Premium funding in a variety of ways to suit the needs of our children. This includes:
- Read, write inc and the associated Fresh Start catch up programme for vulnerable upper key stage 2 pupils to improve literacy outcomes.
- Additional teacher-led booster support in literacy and mathematics in year 6
- Subsidising curriculum experience days, visits and residential activities to enhance the learning experience of individuals.
- Providing access and funding for targeted pupils to participate in extra-curricular activities, before and after school.
- Deploying Learning Mentor time to provide one to one pastoral support for targeted vulnerable pupils.
- Funding of behaviour support worker
- Funding a Parent Support Adviser to work with targeted vulnerable pupils/families
- Funding additional TA and HLTA support in all classes.
- Funding to support the curriculum
- Enrichment activities
- Funding towards rewards
- Attendance incentives
You can read more about how we utilise the Pupil Premium funding on our Statutory Information page here.